MIDDLE SCHOOL APPLICATION PROCESS
Thank you for your interest in The Episcopal School of Los Angeles for your son or daughter. We hope this process will be enjoyable for your family, and that your child will come to find a school where he or she will be able to grow, learn, question, and thrive.
ESLA is looking for curious, kind students. Students who want to figure things out; students who have questions they want to answer; students who love discovering new things and trying new ways of doing things. As we continue to grow our community, we look for these attributes in our applicants, and we look for applicants who embody the school's virtues. Ours is a small community, and we hope to maintain its cohesiveness even as we grow in numbers. We are a place that fosters relationships between students and teachers, across grades - relationships built from respect and deep love for one another. We look for high performing, engaged students, and students who show potential for high academic achievement. Middle school is a transitional period, and we want to bolster students' growth over these years, and help them as they start to discover their passions and what to do with them.
REQUIRED MATERIALS AND DEADLINES
All students who apply to ESLA are required to complete an online application, and turn in transcripts, three recommendations, and an application fee or request for waiver. Students are highly encouraged to join us for a shadow day - a day at the Schoolhouse to see what ESLA is like in action. All families must join us at the Schoolhouse for an admissions interview. Families, as they make their way through the application process, are to contact the Admissions Office via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to set up both the interview and the shadow day.
ESLA requires applicants to submit ISEE Test Score Results. For two months in the fall, ESLA offers an in-house ISEE Prep Course free of charge to prospective students and members of the community.
DUE FRIDAY, JANUARY 15, 2016:
- Completed ESLA Application (entirely online)
- Teacher Recommendations from Administrator, English Teacher, and Math Teacher (all Recommendation Forms can be found online with our Application)
- Transcript (Release Form for current school's Registrar's Office is online with our Application)
- Application Fee of $100.00 (this form and the Request for Waiver of the Application Fee are both online with our Application.
- Email to email@example.com requesting a Family Interview and Shadow Day
- Financial Aid Application completed through SSS (please contact Kristen Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions)
DUE MONDAY, FEBRUARY 1, 2016:
- ISEE Test Score Results direct from ERB (click here to register at a location near you)
DECISIONS AND ENROLLMENT
Middle school decisions letters will be mailed to all families on Friday, March 18, 2016.
An email notification will go out Saturday, March 19.
Admitted students are required to respond by the return deadline of Tuesday, March 29, 2016.
Please visit our AFFORD page for more information on ESLA's financial aid offerings.