Come Visit ESLA!
It’s true, the secondary-school application process in Los Angeles can be pretty stressful. But we try to make interactions with ESLA as warm and welcoming as possible. That’s why we’ve covered this webpage with pictures of extremely cute dogs hanging out in our chapel area, even though they have absolutely nothing to do with our admissions process. It’s also why we’d love for you to come visit our schoolhouse as you begin your search for a middle school or upper school. There’s no better way to welcome and introduce you to the ESLA community—you’ll get a firsthand taste of the unique, supportive, and innovative atmosphere that defines this school. Whether you’re interested in applying this season or you’re looking ahead to the future, we’d love to host you.
There are several ways for you to visit our schoolhouse, and we hope you’ll take advantage of one of these opportunities in the near future. If you have questions about any of the events listed below, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to seeing you soon!
"Snack hours" w/ the director of admissions:
Once every week or so during the fall and spring, the Director of Admissions and Outreach hosts a small, casual meeting at the schoolhouse. These meetings are slightly more geared toward parents and guardians, though of course students are encouraged to attend. Mentors, outplacement advisors, and community leaders are also more than welcome to attend.
Each gathering includes a general introduction to ESLA’s mission, curriculum, and student life, followed by a brief tour and Q&A session. Occasionally department heads, deans, current parents, and student ambassadors will drop in on the conversation, and, yes, our kitchen provides a few things to sip and snack on. This is an excellent first step if you’re interested in learning about the school and the admissions process.
- Please register for this event if you plan to attend. Email email@example.com with the names of individuals in your party and which date you prefer.
- If you are driving, plan on finding street parking near the school. The schoolhouse is also accessible via several forms of public transportation.
- Our address is 6325 Santa Monica Boulevard. The school’s entrance is on Lillian Way just north of Santa Monica. If you are an individual with a physical difference or if you are currently using a wheelchair, please feel free to let us know beforehand so we can keep our most accessible entrance open for your arrival. If you have any trouble finding us, please don’t hesitate to call! 323.462.3752.
- Wednesday, April 19, 4:00–5:15 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 25, 4:00–5:15 p.m.
(Future dates will be announced soon. We try to find times that work for the broadest group of parents and guardians.)
ESLA hosts one open house during the spring. This is a large, group event, and both prospective students and their parents/guardians are encouraged to attend. Open houses tend to run for roughly three hours over the course of an afternoon, but there is no strict schedule of events. Families are welcome to arrive and depart at their convenience, and the entire campus will be open to explore. Senior faculty will host mini-classes, club leaders and arts faculty will conduct brief workshops, administrators will be on hand to answer questions about curricula and student life, and athletic faculty will host a few rotating activities on the basketball courts. (Visitors are encouraged to wear sneakers and dress casually.)
We believe this take on open houses reflects our general approach to education. Rather than put students and parents through a gauntlet of prescribed programming, we would prefer to simply provide a playful, stimulating environment in which to learn about our institution. We want to both challenge and empower our students to take charge of their own education, and the admissions process can serve as a powerful first step in this endeavor. We love to see young people step into our schoolhouse and take it upon themselves to ask questions and engage our faculty.
- If you plan to attend, please register for this event by filling out the form to the right.
- If you are driving, plan on parking in our new lot on Lillian Way (signs will be posted) or plan on finding street parking near the school. The schoolhouse is also accessible via several forms of public transportation.
- Our address is 6325 Santa Monica Boulevard. The school’s entrance is on Lillian Way just north of Santa Monica. If you have any trouble finding us, please don’t hesitate to call! 323.462.3752.
- Saturday, May 6, 2:00–5:00 p.m.
Individual Meetings w/ the Director of Admissions:
We realize not everyone’s schedule will accommodate the dates and times listed above. The Director of Admissions and Outreach is often zipping around the city during the fall and spring, but he tries to keep his calendar as flexible as possible, and he is happy to schedule individual meetings with prospective parents, guardians, and/or students. If you’d like to set up a time to visit the schoolhouse for a brief sit-down and tour, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a list of times that work for your party, and we’ll do our best to get something on the books.
From student rock concerts to holiday celebrations, the ESLA community calendar is full of exciting events—many of which we open up to prospective students and their parents or guardians.
For a list of upcoming opportunities, please email email@example.com